Ceiling & Partitioning
Specializing in Ceiling & Partitioning Materials and Accessories we supply excellent quality Drywall, Fixed and Suspended Ceiling products from Gyproc Saint Gobain.
ANAGLYPTA TAPE – finishing product for joining ceiling & partitioning boards
FIBA TAPE –a self-adhesive fiberglass mesh used as drywall joint tape. This 50mm X 45m Mesh Roll is used for jointing Dry Wall Partitioning and Ceiling Boards prior to skimming ceilings. It is applied to the tapered edge joints between Rhinoboard and skimmed with Interior Plasters Cretestone or Rhinoglide to form a smooth crack free joint.
RHINO BOARD – a plasterboard that consists of an aerated or foamed gypsum core encased in, and firmly bonded to, special paper liners. It is used as lining/cladding for ceilings, drywalls and dry-lining being non-combustible and is used as a lining in fire-rated drywall and ceiling systems.
» Read more
- The unprinted surface is the face, this should receive all decoration i.e. gypsum based plaster, paint, vinyl, etc.
- Do not decorate the printed surface.
- Do not expose standard Rhinoboard to water.
- It is not recommended for use in industrial kitchens and industrial bathrooms or any exterior applications.
– a thermal ceiling insulation made from 100% thermally bonded, people-friendly polyester. that regulates indoor temperatures, keeping homes warm in winter and cool in summer. The polyester fibre is produced from recycled PET bottles and is also recyclable. The soft texture of ISOTHERM makes it is easy to roll out and cut to size. It is resistant to condensation and associated fungi and bacteria, is non-allergenic, non-irritant and resilient and does not support the spread of flame. It is cost-effective, by reducing the electricity costs of energy-consuming heating and cooling systems.
» Read more
Here are the basic ceiling installation guidelines:
- Measure accurately. Measure the distance between the roof beams or roof trusses and then select the correct roll of ISOTHERM.
- Trim ISOTHERM to specific sizes before entering the roof space. This is easily done – tear or cut it with a pair of industrial scissors or shears.
- Do not walk on the ceiling boards. Take care to only walk on crossbeams, truss ties or balancing boards.
- Position ISOTHERM correctly. Place ISOTHERM above and in close contact with the ceiling; fit snugly between the roof beams and trusses.
- Ensure continuous insulation. Carefully butt the ends of the rolls or lap to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Allow a 150mm gap around flue pipes, ceiling fans and recessed lights.
- Wrap ISOTHERM around geysers and water pipes for further energy saving. Continue this installation process until the ceilings are completely insulated.
- Do not block ventilation points with insulation. This includes eaves gaps and air bricks at gable ends. Keep clear to ensure that the airflow is maintained.
- Do not waste off-cuts. Use them wisely – fill in gaps, crevices and corners.
- Do not put ISOTHERM in direct contact with metal chimney fabrications or flues passing through the loft space.
- Do not forget to insulate under the geyser and above the trap door.
BATTONS & TIMBER BRANDERING – A long flat strip, 38mm x 50mm x 3m, of squared timber used to fastening ceiling boards to form a ceiling.
It is recommended that SABS approved timber brandering be used. Generally 38 x 38 SA battens are fixed perpendicular to roof trusses with 75 – 100mm steel nails.
CROSS TEES & MAINTEES
» Read more
|0 – 1000mm
|| 38 x 38mm
|1001 – 1200mm
||38 x 50mm (50mm vertical dimension)
|1201 – 1400mm
||50 x 50
General guidelines: Brandering centres will depend on the thickness of the plasterboard to be used. These must be fixed using 32mm grabber screws at 150mm centers.
DRY WALL SCREWS – Coarse drywall screws feature coarse threads and are used to secure gypsum board to wood. Fine drywall screws on the other hand, feature smaller threads and are used to attach drywall to metal studs. Self-drilling drywall screws and pan-head framing screws are also used when working with metal studs or frames